Thursday, March 6, 2014

Nevertheless-Time





You keep your distance
Like, for instance, when you told me we should take it slow
It's been forever.  It's now or never
and it might be time to let this go. 
I know that I - I’ve gotta get away ‘cause I’ve had enough…

Time, you always needed more time
But all we've ever had is time
So now this is the last time, but I'll be fine

Not that I'm caring
but it's apparent that you're not what you pretend to be
I thought I knew you
I'm seeing through you, and you never saw yourself with me
I know that I-I've gotta get away 'cause I've had enough....

Time, you always needed more time
But all we've ever had is time
So now this is the last time, but I'll be fine

I've gotta let this go
It's holding me down
It's holding me down!
I've gotta let this go!
I know that I-I've gotta get away 'cause I've had enough
I know that I-I've gotta get away

Time, you always needed more time
But all we've ever had is time
So now this is the last time, but I'll be fine



Time. Our whole life revolves around time.  You start out as an infant, you start your education at this moment in your life, start your career at this point of time, and retire at another.  You wake up in the morning, go to school from 8 am to 2:50 pm, and sleep at night.  Our whole lives revolve around time. Why is the human being so fascinated by time?
            There is a Chinese proverb that is roughly translated to “Time is more valuable than money.  You can get more money, but you cannot get more time”.  In other words, time is everything.
            And yet, so many people don’t value time until it is too late. These people mainly consist of students, including me.  Why else does everyone procrastinate?  We use our time to surf the internet, chat with friends, and play games, etcetera.  By the time we realize that our clock is ticking away slowly, it’s too late.  We scramble to finish our homework, study, and do whatever is necessary.  However, this only creates rubbish.  I’ll admit that even this blog post is a piece that I created after some procrastination.  Don’t ask me why.  I’ll just come up with some excuses such as “I had too much homework” or “I had a bunch of tests the next day”.  Most of which is bullshit. 





            In reality, I looked at the assignment and thought to myself, “It’s too time-consuming.  I’ll do it later”.  HA.  What a joke.  As the deadline creeps closer and closer, you get more and more frantic, but still you don’t move to do that simple assignment.  Why?  This time, I’m not going to answer this question, because I still don’t know why.  It just happens to be in my nature, I guess. 

No comments:

Post a Comment